When needing to verify the legitimacy of a police officer, we typically think of the “show me your badge” scenario. However, most people don’t realize that police badges are actually pretty easy to get a hold of. You can purchase a generic police badge online and most people would never know the difference. So, is there a more effective way to verify a police officer’s legitimacy? Yes. Police ID cards. Let’s take a look at a few reason why police ID cards are helpful:
- They Provide an Additional Layer of Security
- Two is better than one. When you are able to verify a badge and an ID card, that doubles your chances of making the right judgement call.
- Harder to Replicate then a Police Badge
- Since police badges are so similar, replication is much simpler. When each department can create a unique ID card design, it significantly decreases the likelihood of a successful, precise replication.
- ID Cards Can be Highly Customized
- Unlike a police badge, there are a variety of security features that can be added to an ID card. Those features include holographic overlay, magnetic strips, watermarks, RFID chips and more.
If you would like more information about implementing ID cards in your department, give us a call! We would love the opportunity to talk with you about how we can best serve you! Call 866-610-4308