Remember when you were a kid and you just didn’t have a clue how to not screw up picture day? Either you were that kid who didn’t know how to smile and ended up looking like that creepy, small creature from the 1984 film, Gremlins, or your parents let you “express” yourself and you showed up wearing a cape and pilot’s goggles. Either way, picture day didn’t leave you with a high self esteem. I can certainly remember those days, as I’m sure you can relate. Unfortunately, some have continued to struggle with achieving their best on picture day. For those, let’s look at a few tips that can help you take your best card ID photo!
How to Look Your Best on Picture Day
- Style Your Hair
- A relevant hair style is impressive and flattering. Your hair is to your appearance as a shower is to your hygiene. Just like you will always smell your best when you shower, you will always look your best when you have well groomed hair. Don’t take this too lightly. It has a big role to play in making or breaking your card ID photo. If you’re unsure about current hair styles, do a little online research or ask an expert. You won’t regret it.
- Wear Presentable Clothing
- Now, I realize that everyone has a different style and that’s ok. However, within each style profile, there is a version of casual and dressed up. Unless you’re required to, you don’t have to wear a suit, but at least reach for something that falls on that “dressed up” side of your style spectrum. Even if you feel a little uncomfortable, you’ll be happy that you didn’t wear that old comfy t-shirt.
- Consider Your Hygiene
- Have you ever looked at someone and thought, “I bet they’d smell funny if I got too close”? Don’t be the guy, or girl. It’s not good for you if people assume you have an odor based on the way you look. Wash your face, and girls, if you feel comfortable, maybe even put on a little make up. No one ever got mad at someone for being cleanly. If you’re clean, you’ll certainly look better and I’d bet that you feel better too.
- Practice Your Smile
- This may sound silly to some, but if you struggle to look good in a card ID photo, practice your smile in the mirror. There is such a thing as a wrong way to smile. Smiling too big looks forced and unnatural. Smiling too small makes it look like you don’t care. Maybe you don’t care, but it’s better to not give off that vibe. Just look in the mirror, give yourself an authentic smile and work on capturing a genuine, happy look. People will always gravitate toward what they perceive to be genuine and happy.
We would love to hear from you! Do you have any additional tips for taking a great photo?
Are you looking for Photo ID Cards for you business? We would love to talk with you about your needs today! 1 (866) 610-4308