What you don’t know about your employee candidates CAN hurt you! Making the best hiring decisions can be a tough job, especially when all of your candidates have everything you’re looking for on paper. Unfortunately, people aren’t always what they appear to be.
According to the Society for Human Resource Management, 50 percent of resumes and job applications contain details that are completely false. 33 percent of all business failures are the result of employee theft and 18 percent of all violent crimes actually occur in the workplace according to The U.S. Department of Commerce and The Department of Justice. Additionally, 66 percent of negligent hiring amounted to jury awards that averaged $600,000 in damages.
Background checks are a great way to help significantly reduce the likelihood of such occurrences within your business!
What to Expect from Our Services:
- 430 million criminal records are searched instantly.
- If you are given a false name or SSN, you will be alerted to any mismatch of information.
- You can see any records that occurred prior to a legal name change or marriage.
- You can see multiple names connected to a SSN to expose potential identity fraud.
All of the results are pulled from the most recent records on file and come directly from the following publicly available sources:
- National Offender Report
- Single State Criminal Report
- National Criminal Report