As more and more organizations are leaning into technology ID badges to enhance their security protocol, the desire for durable badge holders is rapidly increasing. Card holders are wanting something to protect their ID cards as well as prevent them from being easily lost.
Types of Badge Holders
There are quite a few options out there, but two are particularly recommended: Proximity ID badge holders and Vinyl Sleeves.
Proximity ID Badge Holders – These have a hard exterior which is not flexible and carries to most effective protection. These are great for technology ID badges for the following reasons:
- They offer excellent protection against bending which allows the technology inside the badge to most likely be unaffected if dropped, crushed, etc.
- Helps to preserve the quality of the image on the badge, as well as its design.
- Due to it’s effective design, badges are more securely locked into place and are less likely to be lost which is beneficial for reducing security breaches.
Vinyl Sleeves – These are made of a more flexible, vinyl material and are mainly used for an added layer of protection. Though they are less efficient than the harder, proximity holders, they are beneficial in the follow ways:
- Add an extra layer of protection against scratching, water damage, low intensity impact, etc.
- A perfect solution for a minimally active environment.
- Offers a more slender and less bulky design.
- Front loading design, making your ID badge easy to get in and out when needed.
- A good solution for those who need to remove and replace different types of credentials throughout the day.
If you would like more information about proximity ID badge holders or vinyl sleeves, give us a call! We would love the opportunity to help you find exactly what you’re looking for you. Call (866) 610-4308